Over 100 startups met with 25 UK and European corporations and investors during the Meet and Pitc...
Women investors vs. women entrepreneurs- The fundraising journey
On March 5th, the Arabtech Port team participated in a panel discussion titled ‘Ladies who Launch: a conversation about fundraising and venture capital’.
The panel discussed the current state of women participation in the venture capital system from both point of views: women investors and women entrepreneurs who are raising investment.
Panelists shared the various challenges women face in venture capital raising/investment, with emphasis on available solutions resulting from experience. We are sharing here some of the highlights and insights:
Ola Baker Salameh, Founder and CEO, GrowOn shared her challenges when raising investment for her startup- Sebana Medical. She says that her identity- Mother, Arab and Women, is still seen before the fact that she is an entrepreneur and in order to tackle that her advice is:
- To invest in self development and try to work on your confidence level even if you need to fake it ‘fake it till you make it’.
- Always maintain a strong image which reflects that you have everything under control.
- Always remember success is the best revenge so it’s worth working hard for it.
Francesca Warner, Founding Partner of Ada Ventures (investor) shared that only 5% of people approaching investors are women. Women don't want to promise the world and not deliver.
She shared her valuable tips when approaching an investor:
- Swap tricky questions into a power answer.
- Invest in sales training, gain that skill and work on it.
- Get your story heard by media and newspapers.
- Know your customer and involve your customer in marketing your product.
- Always have facts and figures in your back pocket - keeps it less emotional.
The ArabtechPort team attended an event on September 10 organized by Matrix, and hosted by Nazare...
The third edition of the Peres Heritage Initiative took stage during the session: “The Good News:...