The accelerator is part of the MaofTech program started by the Small and Medium Business Agency (...
Up to $50,000 pre-seed grants for successful 50 50 Startups first cohort
“50 50 Startups” is running a 12 month entrepreneurship program that catalyzes equally-owned startups by Palestinians and Israelis:
- Palestinians and Israelis who have an idea for a startup or are passionate about a specific area, and are willing to lead a cross-border venture.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset, resilient, open-minded, creative, and risk-takers - with leadership capabilities
- You will be notified about whether you are admitted to the interview stage by mid-October 2019.
- Team up: selected applicants will be invited to a meetup in Israel on January 6, 2020. Candidates will have the chance to interact with each other, learn about mutual interests and hear about the experiences of meaningful actors in the high-tech scene. The meetup will be moderated by an expert in team-building and dynamics.
- Grow as an entrepreneur: each team will be assigned a mentor, an expert in their field that will closely supports their ideation process in Israel/West Bank on March 1, 2020. Designated teams of Israeli and Palestinian entrepreneurs are formed based on mutual interests of candidates, the previous meetup/bootcamp and recommendation of the recruitment and mentoring team.
- Entrepreneurship bootcamp: fully funded 7 weeks bootcamp to learn about how to build successful companies and leaders, while developing your idea, business model and initial marketing plan in Boston on June 29, 2020. The teams (up to 10 teams) will spend 7 weeks of intensive learning at Northeastern University with classes focused on deliberate leadership, customer discovery, human-centered solution design, business model planning, and financial projections.
- Develop your startup: teams will return to Israel/West Bank and will be hosted by Google Campus for 6 months with close on-going mentorship by “50 50 Startups” on September 1, 2020. “50 50 Startups” will aim to provide the companies with pre-seed grants of up to $50,000 and will closely support the ventures in finding investment and in scaling up.
- Deadline for submission is on September 30, 2019.
- “50 50 Startups” will support the Palestinian candidates with permits and transportation.
- Northeastern university will sponsor the visas for the US.
- Grants will be provided after the teams meet specific milestones that will be reviewed by "50 50 Startups" investment committee.
- For more information: Click here.
- For application: Click here.
Shibolet Law Firm posted an official merger announcement via their social media outlets on the 8t...
The 2019 Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS) was held on the 8th of Dec...